|Total new homes||280|
|Area size||14.99 hectares|
|City council||Melton City Council|
|Developer||Melbourne Property Development Group|
|Project marketer||Radius Property Group|
21 km west to Melbourne Airport
32 km west to Melbourne CBD
House & Land Packages:
- Near Rockbank, Caroline Springs and Melton
- Affordable and Titling March 2022
- Stage 6 House and Land Packages Now Selling
- Easy access to the M8 Freeway, train stations and all the neighbouring amenities, without the premium price tag
- Endless choice of shopping hubs, sporting clubs, outdoor spaces, quality education
- Stage 6 House and Land Packages Only
Land Release Applications for Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
Updates for Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
Location & Map for Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
Reviews & Comments on Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
Estate Brochure, Masterplan, Engineering Plan, Plan of Subdivision (POS), Design Guidelines
Schools near Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
Here are 6 schools near Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh:
Prep-6 Government Primary School
Prep-6 Catholic Primary School
Prep-6 Government Primary School
7-12 Government Secondary School
Prep-11 Independent Combined School
Prep-6 Government Primary School
Land Price Trend in Strathtulloh
- In Jul - Sep 21, the median price for vacant land in Strathtulloh VIC 3338 was $300,000. *
- From Oct - Dec 17 to Jul - Sep 21, the median price for vacant land in Strathtulloh VIC 3338 has increased 75.64%. *
- From 2011 to 2020, the median price for vacant land in Strathtulloh VIC 3338 has increased 104.44%. *
Suburb Planning Review in Strathtulloh VIC 3338
Strathtulloh is with the City of Melton located 40 kilometres west of Melbourne and named after a heritage-listed property located on Greigs Road. Strathtulloh is approximately 1,093 ha, which is bounded by Mount Cottrell Road to the west, Toolern Creek natural waterway corridor to the east, Alfred Road, Ferris Road and Bridge Road to the north and Greigs Road West to the south.
Strathtulloh was gazetted by the Office of Geographic Names on 9 February 2017 under the direction of the Victorian State Government, following a proposal for 11 new suburbs by the City of Melton. The new suburbs have strict density changes to ensure density does not exceed 20,000 residents, ensure vibrant community neighbourhood hubs, provide affordable housing and maintain the geographic characteristics.
The suburb is made up of two parts (northern and southern), as listed below:
- The northern area is set to be redeveloped under the Toolern Precinct Structure Plan which will provide schools, parks and new residential dwellings with an increased density; and
- The southern area known as ‘Strathtulloh Estate’ is a low/semi-rural density area with agriculture surrounded by bushland which will remain undeveloped
Strathtulloh contains zones that maintain the development intentions of the planning scheme. The Green Wedge Zone (GWZ) is found in the southern portion of the area, the Public Park / Recreation Zone (PPRZ) and Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) are both located along the western boundary and adjoins the Toolern Creek Park corridor.
The Toolern Precinct Structure Plan includes the Urban Growth Zone (UGZ) located in the northern area of Strathtulloh and enables Melton Shire Council to provide a range of physical and social infrastructure as part of the development of the area, with further infrastructure to be provided by the redevelopment of the new suburb.
The Toolern Precinct Structure Plan (PSP) provides recreation and residential infrastructure necessary to support the long-term strategic planning direction for a more sustainable growth area. The new growth area of Cobblebank-Strathtulloh is expected to provide for over 35,000 people by 2051.
The Toolern PSP was prepared by Victorian Planning Authority (VPA) in consultation with the City of Milton and was approved by the Minister for Planning in October 2010. The decision was officially gazetted in November 2011 under Amendment CO84 (Part 1) to the Milton Planning Scheme. The Toolern Precinct Structure Plan was later amended in December 2015 under amendment C161.
Strathtulloh is within the northern portion of the Western Plains South Green Wedge, which refers to a non-urban land that surrounds the Urban Growth Boundary of Melbourne and was put in place by the Victorian Government in 2002. The city of Melton is preparing a management plan with other surrounding council areas to provide a framework to support sustainable development, land use and management.
- Provide opportunities for agricultural uses, such as market gardening, viticulture, aquaculture, farm forestry and broadacre farming
- Preserve rural and scenic landscapes
- Preserve renewable and non-renewable resources and natural areas (such as water catchments)
- Providing and safeguarding sites for infrastructure that supports urban areas, and
- Provide opportunities for tourism and recreation.
The southern area will be controlled by a management plan for the Western Plains South Green Wedge (WPSGW) that is being prepared and until such time the planning principles of the prepared background report will guide future development. The report can be found here.
The amendment to the Melton Planning Scheme provides suburb urban structure and redevelopment density direction within the existing Urban Growth Zone (UGZ). The Toolern PSP provides the planning framework to facilitate the new residential community, new schools, sports and recreation areas for future development.
The protection of the open space, parkland and Toolern Creek corridor will be controlled by the existing Public Park / Recreation Zone (PPRZ) and Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ). The existing zoning allows for a series of linear public parklands that can be enjoyed by all future residents.
The envisaged school, sports fields and parks are strategically located within the northern portion of the suburb experiencing urban redevelopment. The future neighbourhood activity centre and surrounding suburbs provide areas that provide social, retail, employment and community infrastructure, with the largest located on Bridge Road adjacent to the northern boundary of Strathtulloh.
Strathtulloh will be connected to public passenger transport, with Melton train station and Toolner Train Station located in adjacent suburbs north of Strathtulloh. Both stations provide passenger train service to Melbourne CBD.
A shared pathway connects local parks, adjacent suburbs and residential areas in Strathtulloh. A road network is envisaged to connect the large rural residential lots with the approved and proposed residential subdivisions to facilitate vehicle access to the surrounding growth areas. Access to Ferris Road to the north will provide a direct connection to the Melton Highway/ Western Freeway interchange providing access to Melbourne CBD or western Victoria.
Atherstone Residential Community
Property developer Lendlease has begun to establish a large residential community over the Cobblebank and Strathtulloh suburbs, in accordance with the Toolern PSP. The new master planned community is named ‘Atherstone’ and provides a variety of residential allotments, types of dwellings, parks and a local road network. The redevelopment has announced that future stages of development will be released. The redevelopment has protected the Public Park / Recreation Zone (PPRZ) and Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) and facilitated the intended redevelopment of the Urban Growth Zone (UGZ).
New Suburb Summary
FAQs about Harmony Estate - Strathtulloh
View all estates from Melbourne Property Development Group
- 21 km west to Melbourne Airport
- 32 km west to Melbourne CBD
View all estates marketed by Radius Property Group
- Melton South Primary School - 4.2km north-west
- St Anthony's School - 4.3km north-west
- Rockbank Primary School - 4.3km east
- Staughton College - 4.7km north-west
- Al Iman College - 5.0km north-west
- Exford Primary School - 5.1km west